Below is a list of some essential personality traits a model should possess in order to have a successful modelling career.
A model must:
- Love being in front of the camera and an audience
- Be able to perform on demand
- Be committed to and serious about modelling
- Be hard-working – a modelling career isn't just going to fall into your lap
- Be professional and pleasant to work with
- Be patient and resilient
- Be intelligent with the ability to learn quickly
- Be versatile, willing to learn and able to take directions
- Have good self-esteem
- Be able to take rejection and constructive criticism
- Be extremely determined. A model may need to go to many castings before being offered a job.
- Be able to attend lots of castings, sometimes without much notice
- Have great organisational skills to keep track of schedules and finances
- Be able to sell themselves and sell the product
- Have a passion for fashion
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat the right food and get at least eight hours of sleep a night
- Work out to maintain a healthy body weight and fitness level. This will also reduce stress
- Have a good skincare regime. Skin-brushing from head to toe will help to increase your circulation and give you an all-over glow
How do I avoid the pressures of achieving perfection?
It's natural to want to be the best you can, but there is a difference between being the best and being perfect. No-one is perfect in every way, and too much worrying about your 'flaws' will only add a pressure that can lead to problems. Concentrate on your strengths and best features.