Below is a list of some essential personality traits a model should possess in order to have a successful modelling career.
A model must:
- Love being in front of the camera and an audience
- Be able to perform on demand
- Be committed to and serious about modelling
- Be hard-working – a modelling career isn't just going to fall into your lap
- Be professional and pleasant to work with
- Be patient and resilient
- Be intelligent with the ability to learn quickly
- Be versatile, willing to learn and able to take directions
- Have good self-esteem
- Be able to take rejection and constructive criticism
- Be extremely determined. A model may need to go to many castings before being offered a job.
- Be able to attend lots of castings, sometimes without much notice
- Have great organisational skills to keep track of schedules and finances
- Be able to sell themselves and sell the product
- Have a passion for fashion
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat the right food and get at least eight hours of sleep a night
- Work out to maintain a healthy body weight and fitness level. This will also reduce stress
- Have a good skincare regime. Skin-brushing from head to toe will help to increase your circulation and give you an all-over glow
I see a lot of models are smokers. Will smoking help me to manage my weight?
Smoking stops you enjoying the taste of food, and that means some people eat less. Smoking also ages your skin, give you wrinkles, stains your teeth and fingers and makes your hair dull. Then there is the risk of heart disease, lung cancer.... need we say more....?