Terms & conditions
Your use of this website and any service contained within constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
1. Customer Information
1. You should always check that the contact information you provide is correct before creating a customer account or proceeding to payment.
2. You should ensure that your email address can receive email from our domain and your mobile telephone is equipped to handle SMS messages as all transaction receipts and confirmations are sent by email in the first instance or SMS if requested. We cannot be held responsible for delivery failure of messages sent to e-mail addresses or mobile telephone numbers that you specify, if for example, our messages are blocked by your or your ISPs spam filter or your mobile is blocked or suspended from receiving SMS messages.
3. You are responsible for any damage or loss to you or your computer hardware, data, information, materials and business resulting from the information or the lack of information available on this website.
4. We will not be liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by our actions, omissions or negligence or for contingencies beyond our control, in procuring, compiling or delivering information or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information regardless of how caused, or delays or interruptions in delivery of the information.
5. We cannot and do not accept any responsibility for content on any website that is not administered by us.
6. As a customer you are responsible for your customer account and actions taken within it. If you are aware or suspect that your customer account username and password or other details have become known to a third party, you should inform us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Our website is only intended for use by over 18s only. Anyone under the age of 18 must seek parental consent before using our site or any of the services
3. Product Pricing and Title
1. We make every effort to ensure that the pricing displayed on our website is correct. However, if an error in pricing is found we reserve the right to either cancel your order or contact you to arrange payment of any extra sum due or refund any over-payment made by you (as applicable). The processing of an order can be cancelled or corrected by us at anytime up until the day of the assessment, workshop or class.
2. We reserve the right to alter all product pricing without notice.
3. Title in any products ordered from us does not pass to you, the purchaser until we have received and processed a valid payment, and that payment has been made into our own bank account.
4. Your Order
1. When you place an order you will automatically receive a confirmation email or SMS from us to confirm your order has been received. Your order constitutes a payment to us for our services.
2. Items not included within the dispatch email are not included in the order and contract between you and us.
3. We reserve the right to delay or refuse orders where a transaction contains incomplete details or details that cannot be verified or where fraud is suspected.
4. If we are unable to reasonably ascertain these details or resolve these issues a full refund will be made against the card used at the time of purchase. No other form of refund or credit will be offered nor will a refund be made to any third party card or account.
5. Cancellation Rights and Refunds
1. All booking and reservation fees taken online or by telephone for our services including (but not limited to) Portfolio Day, Model Advice Day, MA Workshop and Casting Practice are subject to a seven (7) working day ‘cooling off’ period. During this time if you wish to cancel your booking and receive a full refund you must notify us in writing (by post or email). This right to a refund on cancellation will not apply if the booking you have made is for an appointment that falls within the next seven (7) working days.
2. If you fail to show for an appointment, you will not be eligible for a refund on your booking or reservation fee.
3. All deposits and full payments made in person on the day to secure the purchase of your portfolio are non-refundable. Please read the contract terms and conditions carefully and ensure you understand your obligations fully before signing. Once you have signed the contract you will be liable to cover the full cost of the portfolio as agreed.
6. Customer Complaints
We endeavour to respond to all customer complaints or queries within seven working days.
7. Events outside our control
Model Advice shall not be liable for delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms & Conditions if the delay or failure is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, civil disorder or industrial dispute.
1. Model Advice grants you a license to access the content, information and services contained within our website for personal use only.
2. This license allows you to download and cache (using your browser) individual pages from our website.
3. This license does not allow you to download and modify individual pages or substantial parts of our website nor to make our website available via an intranet, where our website or a substantial part of it is hosted locally on the intranet in question.
4. Our website design, layout, content or text cannot be copied, edited or otherwise manipulated without our express prior written permission.
5. Our website cannot be placed within the frame-set of another site.
6. Third parties are not allowed to deep link to pages within our website, without our express prior written permission. All links (unless expressly permitted by us) should be to the main index page of our website. Furthermore, the content of such links, whether graphic or text should not be misleading, false, derogatory or in any other way offensive.
7. The restriction on deep linking does not apply to affiliate partners who wish to send customers directly to a particular page or product in order to increase their affiliate sales.
9. Copyright & Ownership
1. All content, databases, graphics, buttons, icons, logos, layouts and look & feel are the copyright of Model Advice unless expressly acknowledged as otherwise.
2. The data mining, extraction or utilisation of any content or items listed in 10.1 is not permitted without our express prior written permission.
10. Limitation of liability & Reasonably Foreseeable Losses
1. Model Advice will be liable for any losses incurred by you due to breaches of these Terms & Conditions by us, where such losses were reasonably foreseeable at the time the contract between you and us was made.
2. All business, indirect or consequential losses not reasonably foreseeable at the time of the contract between you and us are excluded.
3. Model Advice excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence or breach of duty by us, our employees, agents or officers or in the act of using services provided by us.
The foregoing paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses of these Terms & Conditions shall be read and construed independently of each other. Should any part of this agreement or its paragraphs, sub-paragraphs or clauses be found invalid it shall not affect the remaining paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses.
Failure by Model Advice to enforce any accrued rights under these Terms & Conditions is not to be taken as or deemed to be a waiver of those rights unless we acknowledge the waiver in writing.
13. Entire Terms & Conditions
1. Access to the site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
2. If any provision of this legal statement is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this legal statement shall not be affected. These Terms & Conditions set out the entire agreement and understanding between you and Model Advice. We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time, without giving notice to you.
These Terms & Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
I see a lot of models are smokers. Will smoking help me to manage my weight?
Smoking stops you enjoying the taste of food, and that means some people eat less. Smoking also ages your skin, give you wrinkles, stains your teeth and fingers and makes your hair dull. Then there is the risk of heart disease, lung cancer.... need we say more....?